What would you do with $10,000,000?

I was visiting some favorite blogs and I came across this entry over atRosie O'Donnell's Blog

a question for u
04.12.08 at 1:06 pm in life, fun fun fun

ok - gonna try this
see how it works
if it does
we will install all the appropriate buttons

but for now
respond in the ask ro section
200 characters only
b brief

what would u do with 10 million dollars?



Now you had to reply in 200 words or less... which is almost impossible considering the value of that dollar amount.


So what would you do with $10MM?
I've always had this thought in the back of my head that if I ever came across a large amount of money or won the MEGA million lottery that I would either build or buy up a row of houses for families needing a hand up.

I like the idea of a neighborhood, a community of hope, awareness, support, education and love. Naturally there would be an excellent daycare facility, a teaching center, a career center and health center. All these services would be free from the occupants in the neighborhood. Perhaps it would a 1 year or 2 year program where these families would gain the strength and skill sets needed to be a nurturing family, learning the skills to support themselves, and to provide an environment for their children of love and support and not that of fear, and wanting. I can see a community garden area (inspired by Alice Waters) and then learning how to eat properly, organically. This community would serve as a model for other areas to demonstrate what could be done.

Can you imagine the gifts you would receive by this sort of enterprise and how you could literally change someone's life?

Of course... with $10MM.... I would definitely adopt 2 little girls from China [ that's always been in my mind when I watched the documentary about how baby girls are treated in China]. And naturally purchasing a home for myself, my sisters and brother, and making sure their children would have money for schooling, and that my sisters could pursue their dreams.

And with my short time in the Investment World... I'm know that $10MM would grow... but beyond the monetary value increasing... I just think that the people touched by that experience would certainly seep out to others.


Would love to hear what you would do with $10,000,000?

Comments

Melissa said…
You sound like you have a great idea with the neighborhood Angela.

Popular Posts