The Last Sunday in August

The last day in August and eight months of 2008 have slipped away. September is ready to burst out and I must say that this year I will be happy to see it's arrival.

I love all those special activities reserved for Autumn. The time falls back, I become more of a baker and I burn even more candles than I normally do. And I can't wait to build my graveyard for my Halloween display. I really want to put it up next weekend...but will try to control myself and wait a couple of weeks.

August is ending like August should. Hot and humid, the little birds taking refuge in my birdbath enjoying the warmth and the water.

Photobucket

The squirrels seem to be enjoying playing in the dirt of an empty flowerpot (a flowerpot they emptied by eating the bulbs of my tiger lilies). And the crescent moon stands quietly, watching everything.

Photobucket

Off to make dinner. I hope you have enjoyed this special day!

Comments

DMG said…
I'm so glad you visited me because now I've found YOUR blog, and it's wonderful! I'm adding it to my blog roll right now.

Your Kindred Spirit,
Alberta
Patty said…
Yes where had the time gone. Have a great evening. Love you
Melissa said…
I can't believe it's September already. This year has just flown by, more so than the last few years.
Anonymous said…
We have the same birdbath!
Melinda said…
yes it is so very hard to believe AUTUMN is approaching! I have ALREADY brought out some of my PUMPKIN items....and FALL items. I cannot wait either!

Popular Posts