A Perfect Saturday ... in August?

This is certainly freaky August weather. It was breezy and no humidity. I mean August and humidity go together, or at least they do in this part of the world.

Because it was so nice, we headed down to Cincinnati for lunch and I wanted to go to the Krohn Conservatory.

We ate lunch at Arnie's which is across the street from Newport Aquarium. It was nice eating outside and watching people. There were several men making music and little children gathered around them... wanting to make music and dance. Parents were laughing and taking photos.

Photobucket

There was some sort of festival going on at the edge of the Ohio River. And of course a lot of boats on the River. I wanted to take the Duck Boat tour, but Gary and Alex get sort of motion sick when they are in a boat... so we skipped that trip.

Photobucket

Krohn Conservatory was nice. The Palm, Tropical, Desert and Orchid houses exhibit permanent displays of exotic plants in natural settings, complete with a 20 foot rainforest waterfall. This conservatory was built in 1933 and admission is free.

The plants were beautiful and exotic. Some even seemed too perfect to be real. I saw lots of touching going on.

I noticed a fly trapped on top of this cactus. It was still alive... but seemed unable to fly away.

Photobucket

I really thought this was a pretty succulent. However, I didn't jot down the name of the plant. I loved the purple edges.

Photobucket

I'll post more pictures in another posting. On the way out of Eden Park area, we can across 4 bridal parties. Eden Park area is a very lovely setting for pictures.

I'll end this post with photos taken from a moving car through a dirty windshield.
The first photo is a bridal couple walking to the next location for pictures and the second picture is coming out of the Route 71 tunnel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

Melissa said…
It looks like fun! I've never been to that park you're talking about.
Patty said…
Looks like a fun day. And you had a perfect day weather wise for it. I wonder if sometime I can get your Dad to drive there? Sounds like an interesting place to visit and it's free? Have a great Sunday, looks like another perfect day. Love you
Melinda said…
sounds like a good time and that one photo of the white and purple plant....almost reminds me of penguins with their faces all pointed straight up/back looking at something
Anonymous said…
It does look like you all had some fun at these places.

You are also right about this weather. I went outside a while ago and it was cold.

In August.

I wonder what this winter is going to be like?
Shionge said…
Hey what a day and I was intrigued by the fly that was caught and all the photos are wonderful...thanks for the tour ;)

Popular Posts