You have just entered the "Twilight" Zone



The theatre held 483 people. And on Friday night, at the 7:30 pm showing, all 483 seats were filled. They were filled with mostly anxious teenage girls, but there were surprisingly a large group of adult women. And these adult women were just as anxious as the teens.

The audience clapped and stomped their feet when the movie started. I must say I haven't seen or heard that in like 20 years. I settled back in my seat knowing that this would not be like a normal movie experience.

And when Edward Cullen suddenly appeared on the big digital screen, the group gathered went wild. There was screaming, sighing, deep breathing... and even whispers of "Edward, oh Edward, oh God he's so hot."

And for all the readers of the book sitting in the audience, the ones who knew when the first kiss between Bella and Edward would take place, they electrified the audience with their anticipated expectations. And when Edward's lips finally pressed against Bella's, I'm pretty sure that the audiences in the theatre on either side were no doubt alarmed by all the high-pitched screaming.

Even my friend who was there, a diehard Jacob fan, was gazing up at the screen, her eyes sort of glazed over, murmuring "Edward, Edward, Edward". And my sister who sat on the other side moaned, sighed, gasped and stopped breathing from too much excitement. Thank God the theatre itself was cool... as there was a lot of heat in that room.

I will say that I enjoyed the movie. And although the "Edward" that I had visualized in my mind did not look like the movie character.... the movie "Edward" did grow on me. I probably would like to go back to watch the movie again when it wasn't so crowded because there were times I just watched the audience and their reaction to the movie.

If you read the book series and enjoyed them... you'll definitely love the movie.

Comments

Melissa said…
Oh yes, I was sighing, squealing, moaning, and everything else in my seat, along with melting, and swooning.

I wrote on my blog before I ever saw who was playing Edward, that I fell in love with the character Edward. If only I could find a man like that in real life, well minus the whole blood sucking thing of course!
Melinda said…
hahahaha
dmarks said…
Edward's hair is huge in that photo. Either that, or it is an uncredited appearance by a Quileute werewolf perched on his head.
Melissa said…
Hahaha, oh, I'm laughing at Dmarks comment! Too funny....

Popular Posts