Greek Bread Salad

I made an amazing discovery on a recent trip to my family doctor. As I was waiting and waiting to be seen, I picked up a magazine and stumbled across a recipe that I knew I would be turning into dinner that night.

So... here it is:

Dressing:
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Salad:
1/2 small red onion sliced
6 cups (1 in cubes) French or Italian Bread (I used Italian)
1 hothouse cucumber (unpeeled, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds)
1 red pepper (large chunks)
1 yellow pepper (large chunks)
1 pint grape tomatoes (Halfed)
1/2 pound feta cheese (cube) I used French Feta my favorite
1/2 pound Kalamata olives

Assembly:
Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in large pan. Add the bread and sprinkle with salt. Cook over low to med heat - tossing frequently for 5 to 10 minutes.

Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds, and slice cucumber 1/4 thick. Place in large bowl. Add rest of the veggies.

Make dressing. Wisk olive oil to make emulsion. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and about 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. (I just used the food processor).

Add feta, olive, bread cubes to the bowl with the veggies. Add dressing and toss lightly. Must set for at least 30 minutes before eating.

Photobucket

Oh my gosh..... I must say this is probably the best salad I have ever eaten. The dressing, the bread cubes... the crunchiness... everything is just about perfect.

Oh... and I had to take a photo of the salad in my brother's favorite china... NOT.

Comments

Melinda said…
wow Angela...this does look really good. You always make everything good to eat!
Patty said…
Looks delicious.
Steph said…
Lookks yummy ! Will try it! Thanksfor sharing!

Popular Posts