Is your Tragus Pierced?

I've been reading lists at the blog: 101 things in 1001 days. And I discovered something new today. It seems that almost every list from a participant in the UK mentions they are going to get their "tragus" pierced.

At my age, and being pretty familiar with the human body, I really didn't know where by tragus is. Since the majority of the lists were female, I thought perhaps the UK used tragus in lieu of labia, clit, etc. But that would be wrong guess.

The tragus is a small pointed eminence of the external ear, situated in front of the concha, and projecting backward over the meatus. Its name comes from the Greek: tragos, goat, and is descriptive of its general covering on its under surface with a tuft of hair, resembling a goat’s beard.

Okay... did that help you? I mean... where the hell is my concha and meatus. Of course by now I could really make this sexual and says things like "when meatus is slowly inserted into the concha then rapidly pumped in and out, over and over again, it creates an erotic period of bliss." But we are talking about the ear canal... not the love canal.

So... off I went to search again. Isn't the worldwide web an amazing research vehicle? So... here it is:



Now grab your tragus. My tragus is pretty thick and hard and although I doubt cartilage has any nerve endings, I'm sure that working in such a small area major pressure would have to be applied and I can't even image how big the needle is.

So.... are you getting your tragus pierced?

Comments

Melissa said…
No intention of getting mine pierced!
Patty said…
One piercing in my ear is enough for me. Can't imagine having so many ear rings I would want to show them all off that much to endure pain that's not needed.
Melinda said…
wow...I would think that would smart!
Wanda said…
Oh, hell no! Only you, Angie..could find and make something such as an ear canal sexually explicit. :) Happy St. Patrick's Day! May you get pinched where you want to.
Linda said…
I have two piercings in one ear, three in the other (lobes), I have a cartilage piercing on my right ear, my nose pierced and my belly button pierced..... I am considering the tragus since it does look pretty cool!
PS, it me linda (vampyre)
cortne said…
I got my tragus pierced just a couple of days ago. I thought it would be really painful but it wasnt and it doesnt really hurt now either unless i touch it the wrong way.
Anonymous said…
Tragus Piercing I read such an article, do you think these are correct? Has anyone had it done before?

Popular Posts