The Angels of Woodland Cemetery

Photobucket

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:

Photobucket

Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

Photobucket

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:

Photobucket

And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget.

Photobucket


Poem: When I am Dead, My Dearest by Christina Georgina Rossetti
Photos: 10/26/09 5:30 PM - Woodland Cemetery, Dayton, OH captured by me

Comments

Melinda said…
beautiful!
Patty said…
Very nice photos.
Anonymous said…
I have never been there but must say that they don't make statues like this anymore. I can't even guess what one of them would cost. These are really nice and the fall colors are too.
Anonymous said…
Yes, beautiful!

Paz

Popular Posts