-11 Things

What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

  1. Drama: The office drama has hit warped speed. He said, she said - who really gives a fuck!! Office hours are 8:00 to 5:00. If you come in at 9:00 or 10:00 and leave at 2:30 or 3:00; you need to ask yourself why do you wish to remain employed here. If you spend even one hour a day on your cell phone making personal phone calls -- why, oh why are you working here? And if you have been unable to work a 40 hour work week in the last 6 months - why hasn't management fired you. In 2011 I'm not getting involved. Don't ask me your opinion, don't tell me other's secret. Just fucking work... that's why you get your paycheck.

  2. Diet Coke: This will be a challenge as I drink diet coke as though it was water. Actually I don't drink water. It may take the entire year to eliminate from my life...but by 12/25/2011 I would love to give myself a present... a diet coke ornament symbolizing that it's gone from my diet.

  3. Extra Weight: The over-active and moving to under-active thyroid has kicked me hard. I've gained 35 pounds in 2010 and I need them to go bye-bye now. I'll be working on that in 2011.

  4. Bye-Bye Dr. Russell: I shouldn't have to explain test results to you. I shouldn't have to order new tests. I shouldn't have to be the one that does the calling to get results. And I shouldn't have to give an extra tube of blood because your assistant can't figure out how to completely fill a tube of blood.

  5. Negativity: Emotional sucking vampires are going to be eliminated in 2011. If you suddenly realize I'm not around you... chances are you have been draining me dry. Bye bye!

  6. Procrastination: Hmmm - when to start, when to start on eliminating you from my life. You feel so good at times but make me feel so guilty afterwards. The things I could do, the places I could go if you weren't saddled on me. Bye bye...it's been fun... but time to take a refuge with someone else.

  7. Excuses: So easy to fall back on an excuse. I don't have time, I'm too old, I'm not good enough - blah, blah, blah bullshit. If I don't want to do something I'll tell you "NO". And if I tell you "NO", accept it and move on leech.

  8. Inertia: My body needs to move. My muscles thirst for activity. My soul craves to expand, to dance freely in the universe. Why am I stopping it?

  9. Sickness: Been there - done that. Goodbye A-Fib, DVT, PE, hyperthyroidism, hypothryoidism. Our body wants to heal itself, so I'm letting it in 2011.

  10. Need for Speed: I really must slow down when I drive... I do realize 80 isn't the new 65, but it just feels so good and I get to my destination so much quicker. But when I'm driving faster others around me really upset me for driving slow, and then I realize they are probably just driving the posted limit. I'm going to work on that in 2011.

  11. Self-Hate: Wow... that will be a big one to work on... but I'm willing to give it a shot.

If you wish to participate in Reverb 10 -- please check out the prompts here: http://www.reverb10.com/the-prompts/



Comments

Olivia said…
Wow, Angie, those are 11 big things! HUGE! I support you in removing ALL of them; for some reason I especially wish for you to eliminate #11. It makes me sad, and I know that getting rid of #11 will help with all of the others as well. I want you to feel about yourself like I do--LOVE!

So I am wishing this for you for the new year--self-love!

But I do think that they are all a whole, a constellation, and when you deal with the first one of them aggressively, the second will be easier, and that will energize the third, then others will be easy-peasy because of what has come before. This is my wish for you, my dear.

I support you in your goals, EB!

Love, Olivia
Yolanda said…
I need to work on a lot of these things too.

Popular Posts