Ding Dong my thryoid's dead

After a large dose of radioactive iodine and 4 very long months of waiting; it was officially announced today that my thyroid is now "dead" and I can go on medication. The medication will take 2 to 4 weeks to become active in my system and hopefully by the end of January, I will feel like my normal self again.

No more going to bed at 6:00 pm. No more brittle nails. No more memory loss. No more hair loss. No more freezing. No more pain. No more fatique. No more swollen face. No more puffy eyes. No more weight gain... and hopefully I'll be able to drop the weight I did gain during the last 7 months.

I can't begin to tell you how I'm excited to hear this news. The last 3 weeks has been so hard and grueling. At times I felt like I was losing my mind. When I wasn't sleeping; all I thought about was sleeping. And this was like a primal need. I became mean if I couldn't sleep. So... I begin the countdown and look forward to 2011. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comments

Olivia said…
Great news, EB! I am excited for your prognosis!

You still sounded SUPER high energy to me, though--you give off high-energy vibes online. But I will be so glad you're feeling better.

YAY!

xoO
Angie at Home said…
Thanks Olivia. I'm usually very upbeat but the last 2 weeks has been kicking my ass.... mega, mega tired... I've probably haven't slept as much as I have the last 2 weeks that I have for the last 20 years. I use to going to bed at 2:00 a.m. and going to bed at 6:00 pm was getting depressing...so much I want to do... and no time.

I'm so excited to get started on the meds.

Happy New Year.....
EB

Popular Posts