– Lesson Learned

What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)

2010 was an unique year for me. It was a year I found a spiritual community which certainly has helped me realize that I'm a very spiritual being and it has also been a year of physical transformations as one medical condition after another medical condition has popped up making me question life, my life purpose and my spirituality.

I've been moving away from traditional religious beliefs as I began a journey with Shinnyo-en. Shinnyo-en is a Buddhist denomination originally established in Japan. It is, first and foremost, a place for Buddhist training, in which all people regardless of age, gender, nationality, or religious background can cultivate their innate buddha nature, the kernel of enlightenment existing in all beings.

This year I've also had the amazing opportunity to go listen to his Holiness, the Dalai Lama. Seeing him in person has been on my bucket list as a lifetime "thing" and I was blessed to see him twice.

During all of this I found Agape Global Heart Community. Agape Global Heart is a vibrant spiritual community anchored in unconditional Love and Acceptance. We express God through our inherent Creativity, living principles of Truth, and serving the greater good in Gratitude and Joy. And for me it's a good match and coincides with Buddhism very well.

It's also been a year where my heart has been reset twice... stopping for a brief moment, to be restarted. It's almost like the Universe has had to slap me in the face to grab my attention.

Of course this lesson is just a beginning... and the journey will continue in 2011. But 2010 will be my pivotal year...

Comments

Olivia said…
Gosh, EB, so much has happened to you this year that I hardly know how to comment on it. I DO KNOW what a blessing it is to find spiritual community, and I am glad that you found it.

I may have found it too :) I think I have; It's just hard for me to say "yes".

Blessings and love and health to you,
EB,

xoO

Popular Posts