– Moment

Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

Ah, a moment during 2010. Do you have just one moment?

There have been some amazing sunrises that just makes your soul cry out in joy. The colors so intense, pink and yellow, the sun peeking through, teasing us with it's greatness. Those special moments, so early in the morning, really made me feel alive and started my day off with my heart joyful.

But there was a vivid moment for me this year was the death of my son's parakeet, Ares. My son loved that little creature (we all did). I came home early since Ares was dying and was trying to find a Vet on a Friday afternoon but it seemed all the Avian Vets have Friday off. By the time I arrived home, I found my son and husband in our bedroom. Alex was holding Ares, gently stroking him, big crodile tears streaming down his face. He held out his hand to me, so that I could hold Ares and tell him goodbye.

In that moment I saw my son's humanity, his unbounding love for this little bird and knew that my son that would be a loving husband and father.

We buried Ares in my parent's backyard and my son had brought Ares' favorite mirror along with his favorite treat. He positioned Ares in the grave facing his mirror and laying the treat beside him. Alex only wanted myself and his father at Ares graveside. We said our goodbyes and buried Ares.

This was a moment that will forever stay with me.




If you wish to #reverb10 -- please follow this link: http://www.reverb10.com/december-3-moment/

Comments

Olivia said…
This is so sweet, EB. I love your writings of the day...I have enjoyed your commenting and brief blogging, but the essays of the day have been very good in getting to know you better! Love to you, O

Popular Posts