– New Name

Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)

It would be hard to pick just one name. Growing up I loved "The Addams Family" and wanted to be Wednesday Friday. I mean "Wednesday child is full of woe" And little Wednesday had a fascination with death and the macabre. And you just had to love her little headless Marie Antoinette doll which her brother had guillotined. She raised spiders, had other headless dolls and would draw pictures of trees with human heads dangling. I loved reading tales of Jack the Ripper, Dracula, ghosts, witches and anything that went bump in the night. And besides I just thought Wednesday was a cool name.

When the movies came out... Christina Ricci was and will forever be Wednesday Addams. She was perfect in that role... and have you seen Christina lately? That little girl has grown into her face.. and is just amazingly beautiful. Her eyes are almost that Cullen bronze. Hmmmmmmmm...

Photobucket

One of my favorite scenes from the movie:

Girl Scout: Is this made from real lemons?
Wednesday: Yes.
Girl Scout: I only like all-natural foods & beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they’re real lemons?
Pugsley: Yes.
Girl Scout: Well, I’ll tell you what. I’ll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?
Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

And according to the movie... the family credo is, Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc (pseudo-Latin: "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us"). You just have to love that!



Peace and Blessings!

Ang

Comments

Popular Posts