The Rubber Duck Regatta

This was the second year that Gary and I had attended the Taste of Miami Valley along with the Rubber Duck Regatta which benefits United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton.

It was indeed a perfect day for such an event.  Sunny, no humidity and around 75 degrees, very unusual for September.

Of course Gary wanted to pose with a duck.


This makes him happy.  See how he's smiling so big.  He likes the yellow rubber ducky.

This year there were over 15,000 ducks in the race.  The water was very still yesterday so it took awhile before they made their appearance.  But here they come:


They had boy scouts in the water with canoes trying to create ripples on the water to drive the ducks to the finish line.  Some where my 6 ducks are bobbing along.

Here's a closer image of  the boy in the boat.


And a closer shot of the ducks.  Remember with over 15,000 I have no idea where my ducks are...but I think they are in this group.  The ones with the blue bills.


Now URS uses big rubber inflated ducks to promote their event.  And guess what?  Someone actually stole one of these big blowups.  I'm wondering how you could do it.  I mean these things are huge.. and then what would you do with it.


My favorite food from The Taste of Miami Valley was from De-lish and it was their lemon pepper chicken wings.  Also El Meson had these incredible sweet corn cakes with a layer of Mexican cheese nestled inside.  We had two of those.  And I didn't take any pictures.  We were hungry and gobbled things up quickly.  But we had El Meson paella (quite tasty), an empanada with chicken and rice (outside hot, inside freezing cold), Ritter Hot Fudge Sundae, De'lish Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings (had to go back and get several servings of those), Del'lish Soul Roll (it won some sort of prize but I thought it was nasty), Lousiana Bourbon Chicken and El Meson Sweet Corn Cake.  We were so full, we stopped on the way home at Dewey's Pizza and ordered one to go.

As we were leaving the event we ran into The Dayton Hash House Harriers.  They were doing their annual Red Dress Run.  There were a lot of people in red dresses and they were having a blast.  I do believe Gary will be joining this group on their next run.


I wonder what these guys were talking about.  Or maybe they were going to hook up after the event.  What do you think?

We will definitely be there next September, and I hope you can join us.

Comments

Patty said…
Looks like you two had fun and you had perfect weather.
Rubber Duck Regatta sounds just great! Amazing pictures. Many times ago I saw on tv a reportage of this regatta.
Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts