Grandma C - Day 16 of Giving Thanks

I'm so grateful that Grandma C has been a part of my life since the very beginning.  She has shown me unconditional love throughout my life.

I loved staying with her whenever I could.  We had special lunches while watching Ruth Lyons' 50/50 Club.  She let me put pretzels rods in my root beer, which was very very good.  She let me eat her peach pie for breakfast.  She would fix all of my favorite things.



She taught me how to embroider little designs on pieces of cloth.  She spent a long time teaching me how to french knot.  She taught me how to crochet and I would spend hours making long strands of crochet until I eventually made a baby afghan.



Now I make her baked ham for my family Christmas.  Her pickled eggs and red beets for my Easter.  But her pie dough still alludes me.

I love my Grandmother so much.  I hope she knows this.  I hope she knows how much she has influenced my life and the impact she has had on it.

I love you Grandma C.


Comments

Jackie said…
Beautiful woman...inside and out!
Patty said…
Very nice tribute to your Grandmother. I'm going to read it to her tonight when I call her.
Patty said…
Mom said to tell you Thank You, she thought it was so nice.
Angie at Home said…
Oh thanks Mom.....

Popular Posts