Return of Good Programming - Day 17 of Giving Thanks

Okay, okay - I realize that to many giving thanks for good programming might seem weird.  But our airwaves are overflowing with "reality TV".  It's like the high fatty food that is blocking our arteries and our brains.  So, when you come across programming which actually has a story line, with characters you actually like I have to tell you about it.

My first program that I'm amazed with is "The Walking Dead".  They are on season 3 and let me tell you this year every episode has been a shocker, almost like being a cliffhanger.  I so look forward to Sunday evenings at 9:00 p.m. to catch the latest episode.


You can catch Season 1 and 2 on Netflix.  I'm sure Season 3 (the best season yet) will be repeating soon.  Seriously give this program a try.  I would so love to be a zombie on this show.

The next program that actually has a good plot, great characters and special effects is found on Friday night (yeah, can you believe it's on Friday?).  The TV show is called "Grimm".  Forget your Grimm Fairytales of the past, these tales are modern days.  And very original too.


The program has returned to Friday night on NBC.  I'm really enjoying the character Monroe.  He was made for the role.

I'll be thankful when reality TV disappears from the airwaves; but since those are the programs that people hate to watch but can't stop themselves, I think they are here for a long time to come.

Comments

Lynette said…
Hey, Angie. I have not watched The Walking Dead, maybe one day I'll try it, from the beginning. Two men I work with think it's tip-top. They're into zombies.

About Grimm, I'm a huge fan! Since I live in Portland, I get such a kick out of seeing if I can figure out where they're filming when I watch each episode. And I also get a kick out of it when I'm at a Trail Blazers' game and they show one of the actors on the big screen scoreboard who is at the basketball game, too! So far I've seen Nick and Juliette and Hank--no Monroe. I agree with you about Monroe. Last Friday night I finally figured out where the exterior of the shop is, so I hope when the rain lets up to go take a photo of it for my blog.
Beth Niquette said…
When Daddy was in the hospital, Grimm came to The Abandoned (LEC, Wilsonville, OR) to film.

It was quite exciting, with booms, cameras, gunfire, explosions, gunfights, werewolves howling in the forest...

When I pulled in to my parents driveway, two of the stars, Nick and his girlfriend, were standing at the end of my uncle's driveway--a skip and a jump from my parents.

It was kinda cool--and Dad smiled when I told him all about it.

Spooky but cool, is Grimm. (grin)

Popular Posts