Sex in the City - Day 20 of Giving Thanks

I'm grateful that I can still turn on the TV and find an episode of "Sex in the City airing on some station. And it doesn't matter that I might have seen that particular episode 10 times before; I will still always stop and watch it. The show is like an old friend. It brings me comfort. I love these characters of Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones, Charlotte York Goldenblatt and Miranda Hobbes. Four women so different and yet who remain inseparable.


I love that. I loved the portrayal of real women embracing life. I loved the story of their friendship. I loved the whole woman bonding thing.


I also have enjoyed watching the characters mature and evolve.   I was so upset when the series ended.  


I hope that the two movies have been successful enough that from time to time, we can continue to watch their friendship and love for each other grow.  With the "real housewives" reality crap -- you don't always get to see a group of women upholding each other. I love that idea of sisterhood, of the power of females coming together and creating such positive energy.  


And I might be weird... but I loved the Russian. Or perhaps it was Angie in love with Mikhail Baryshnikov.  Hmmm.


And here's my little "Sex in the City" group.....


Comments

Patty said…
I'll have to say, have never watched Sex and The City nor have I ever watched Real Housewives. Nice story. Like your little group photo.

Popular Posts