Snow - Day 26 of Giving Thanks

I love snow. There I said it.  I would shout it from the rooftop but that doesn't really seem necessary.  I'm grateful that I live in Ohio and we can expect snow from November to March (although last year we didn't get hardly any snow).

Snow is magical.  Snow blankets the ground and everything seems new.  I love walking in the snow at night when it glistens under the street lights or under the moonlight.


Or just simply sitting quietly and watching it fall.  It's so relaxing.

I become quite childlike when it begins to snow.  And after it snows, you can bet I'll be outside taking pictures with rosy cheeks and snot running.


I mean even the ordinary things become extraordinary when it's decorated with snow.  

One of my favorite memories is going to Cox Arboretum in January 2010.  Snow had fallen about 4 inches with 4 more inches on it's way.  I was the only person at the park.  It was so silent.  The snow was untouched.  It was eerie and beautiful and restorative.  And it was magical.


The snow was heavy.  It actually felt icy on your skin.  If the park ranger was about he probably was trying to figure out what was wrong with me.  I was so excited to be out in this snow, all by myself.


The snow was so heavy and thick you couldn't even see the water under the bridge, or how large the pond was.  It was an amazing morning.

I'm grateful for snow.  It makes me feel alive and childlike and a believer in magic.

Comments

Jackie said…
Angie...I am jealous. We don't have snow here in South Georgia, and I love it so much.
Your photos are beautiful, and I agree with the caption that you stated:"...ordinary things become extraordinary when it's decorated with snow."
So true!
Have a beautiful day in the snow...enjoy!!!
Hugs,
J.

Popular Posts