Below 0 Tuesday

Saturday was breezy and 50 degrees outside.  Last night the temperature dropped to 10 below zero.  This morning my house feels breezy and chilly.  Today's high will be 13 degrees.  But there is major wind blowing and right now it's 9 degrees but with wind chill it's 8 below.

Yesterday on my way home from the dentist I experienced a white out.  You literally could not see anything.  I put on my brights and flashed my lights for people driving without any lights.  It was bad.  Thankfully for me I didn't head down to Archivers in Mason.  I would have been on Route 75.  And during this time there was a 52 car collision due to that white out.  So thankful I hadn't started down there yet.  I thought 52 car collision was major.... but on Route 270... there was a 72 car collision.  It was crazy yesterday.

I do have to go out today to get my hair done.  The roots need a kiss of blonde.  But I don't have to be there until 3:30; and it's not snowing now....so as long as the car cooperates... I should arrive safely and warmly.

Here's the pond on Sunday morning (I noticed the trees reflection so grabbed my camera).  The water is just beginning to ice over again.

And here is the pond this morning....

The ice is slowing creeping to the center of the pond.  No ducks yet today.

Happy Tuesday....

Comments

Jackie said…
Those pond photos are beautiful!
I'm so glad that you weren't on Route 75 and involved with that terrible collision/pileup.
Continue to stay warm and comfy at home; thank you for the photos. (I still have the A/C going here at home and in our car when we travel.) We live in deep South Georgia, and we hardly ever experience a beautiful winter like you have. I would love to see ice on our pond. To do that, I would have to dump out my glass of iced tea and watch the cubes...that's the only way!)
Hugs and smiles and another thank you for these photos.
Jackie
Angie at Home said…
lol... ice cubes on the pond... now that's an idea.
Melinda said…
love the icy pond...I heard it ended up being like 80 plus vehicles involved and a 12-year-old girl died in it...sad

Popular Posts