Cilantro Lime Salsa Chicken Recipe - In a Slow Cooker

I purchased a crock pot last year.  Hubby wasn't very excited to see it enter our home.  He didn't like food prepared in a crock pot.  He thought every recipe tasted the same.  However, I do try a recipe from time to time.  Tonight I tried the below recipe which Emily gave to me.

The ingredients:

  • 1 - 16 ounce jar salsa
  • 1 - 1.25 ounce package dry taco seasoning mix
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine. Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture. Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. If desired, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks to serve.


Hubby enjoyed it.  I placed my rice, beans and chicken in a flour tortilla.  Now this recipe is quick and easy.  And the chicken is so tender.  If you're in a hurry I think you will enjoy this recipe.



Comments

Jackie said…
Yummm, Angie. This sounds sooo good. I agree with your husband about crock pot meals tending to taste the same. I'm going to cook black-eyed peas and ham in mine today! Great minds think alike, eh?
Love you, my friend...
Jackie

Popular Posts