simply Saturday

And it's finally Saturday!  It was a long week.  I think knowing I was taking a week of vacation from work and the anticipation of upcoming fun caused the week to really drag.

But it's Saturday and will hit 50 degrees today and tomorrow an artic freeze is heading our way.  And that's okay.  I do enjoy the cold.  I love staying all snuggled and warm, reading a good book, sipping on my cinnamon spice tea and just being present.

This is Gary's weekend home from work.  Alex also has the weekend off.  This is rare that all three of us can be together.  We're going to celebrate and head off to Chop House today to enjoy a great steak and time together.  We rarely do this all together anymore.

No major plans for the upcoming week.  A dental appointment, a doctor appointment and my hair has a date with Sara who shall make her shine with even more blonde.

I hope to catch a movie with Hubby.  I want to make a trip to Archivers.  I want to drop off Grandma's birthday gift. I want to clean out my closet.  I want to design an eating plan for me [yes I'm striving to lose weight, and get healthier]. And I want to read and read.  Oh and hopefully meet up with Kumiko and her new baby Brielle.

I should be able to meet all of those plans.

I wanted to share this thought with you today:

It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence
that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us,
as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.
- K.T. Jong



Comments

Jackie said…
Hoping that you had a beautiful family time...enjoying the togetherness.
It sounds like you have a busy week ahead.
Sending you warm hugs as your winter storm approaches,
Jackie
Melinda said…
is cinnamon spice tea good? It sounds good...did not know they have any but I guess they pretty much have any kind of tea you want these days

Popular Posts