Snow! It's Back!

Yesterday when I opened my patio blinds, I was greeted with snow fall.  And of course the little ducks were gathered around the opening of the pond, laying low to the icy surface.


As I opened the patio door to take this photo, the ducks perked up.  They must have incredible hearing.   And then the lead duck began running towards me.  The others quickly followed.


And as they got to the edge of the pond they all flew up to my door, and stood there quacking for food.  Naturally I had to obliged.


After they ate, they calmed down and just chilled.


Then I left to go to the bookstore, stopping at Smashburger to have fried pickles for lunch.


I spent several hours at the bookstore turning pages on several cookbooks.  Do you know that if you want to cook 2 pounds of baby octopus, to keep them from getting rubbery, you are to place a wine cork in the water along with the octopus and boil for 45 minutes.  How knew that?


Then I came home, enjoyed a cup of cinnamon spice tea while watching the snow fall.

Today I'm hoping to take Alex to the furniture store so we can select a new mattress for his bed.  I also need to put my new printer in the computer armoire.  I was finally able to get it programmed to be wireless last night.  That was a several hour adventure into why I could never have a high tech job.

I hope you enjoy your Saturday.  It's back to work for me on Monday.

Comments

Jackie said…
Oh...I LOVE the fact that you fed those sweet and beautiful ducks!!
I was wondering if they wanted to come inside! :))
Love your photos...and glad that you got your new printer programmed wirelessly. Isn't technology a wonderful thing!
Hugs and smiles to you, my friend.
Jackie
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you obliged the ducks. :-)

Popular Posts