Saturday - It's Almost Over

Today has been a very busy day. You know those usual Saturday errands, grocery shopping, strolling up and down every aisle at Target... and of course... I had to stop at Joanne's to pick up some flags... and they were having a great sale of Creating Keepsakes scrapbook items... so my 4 tiny little flags ended up in 3 shopping bags.

Alex has been laying low today. His last day of school was spent at King's Island. They left at 9:00 a.m. and arrived back home at 8:00 p.m. He could hardly walk, took a shower and went straight to bed. Today he has complained about leg cramps, a rash... and his eyes look very tired. (They spent most of yesterday in the water).

Tonight I grilled out. And... I grilled pork chops... which is the first time I've ever done that. We always buy grilled pork chops at festivals, etc... but I never have made them at home that way. And they were excellent.

I also made a new version of pasta salad. Hubby and I loved it... boychild ate it... but said he didn't like the garbanzo beans in it. Below is a picture of tonight's dinner. The recipe follows:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Small bag of bow-tie pasta
2 cups of baby spinach leaves
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 can drained garbanzo beans
1/2 cup black olives
3/4 cup Bistro Blends Sargento Cheese: Mozzarella with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil
1/2 cup Kraft Greek Vinaigrette Dressing

Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain. Place in large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients, mix lightly.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

I served it immediately... and it was very tasty.

Well.. off to finish a craft project. I'll post that later.

Comments

Melinda said…
looks yummy as usual! Chops are always excellent on the grill......though I have to admit I don't really eat them anymore. I don't remember the last time I had one.

Popular Posts