1:11 AM July 4, 2007

The night is quiet. I'm hungry. It's 1:10 AM. I go to the pantry. The pantry contains 24 cans of Trader Joe's Organic Whole Tomatoes, 3 Boxes of Organic Vegetable Broth, 2 Boxes of Chicken Broth, about 70 bottles of spices, 12 types of vinegars, an open bag of oyster crackers... an array of vegetables I picked up at the Chinese Market, and since the cans are written in Chinese... I don't know what the hell I bought, 1 box of Rice Krispies, 5 bottles of different types of cooking oils, all the basic baking stuff, 2 bags of stale bread and clear in the back, I spied a little treat. A bag of marshmallows, big and fluffy, just waiting for me.

I'm trying to use up all the items in the pantry before I buy anything else. It's been about two months since I've bought any can and dry goods. But when it's 1:00 AM, and you want something to eat... well... then you wished you had picked up a few snacks.

So.... since it's officially the 4th of July.... I'm doing a little indoor grilling.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And Happy 4th of July!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

Anonymous said…
How will you know what the vegetables are if they are written in Chinese, are there photos on the cans? Also what about 24 cans of tomatoes?

Do you make a lot of stuff that requires tomatoes? Mom loves stewed tomatoes with bread, like some kind of a tomatoe bread pudding? I have no idea what it is called, but it is good, I've eaten it already. Sometimes you can even get it at MCL Cafeteria, they did still have one in Richmond, Ind.

Have a fun day. I know Gary will be sleeping since he had to work last night from 7pm until 7am this morning. Love you all.

Happy 4th.

Popular Posts