A Deck of Me - 2008

My sister, Melissa, is participating in a mini-journal challenge using a deck of cards. You can read more about the project at: http://learningtotaketime.blogspot.com/2008/01/deck-of-me-come-join-our-decked-out.html

Basically you start out with a deck of cards..... 52 cards. Each week, we will receive a new prompt for that upcoming week. Since I just heard about it, I had to catch up.

I found these deck of cards at Target in the $1.00 section. I originally bought them thinking I could make a Valentine's garland... but I thought they would be perfect for this project.

Photobucket

Week 1 - List the goals you would like to accomplish in 2008. And this is the card and list I created:

Photobucket

Week 2 - Find a quote that describes you right now...inspires you where you are in your life at this moment. And this is what I created:

Photobucket

Each week, I'll post my card. At the end of this project, I'll either alter the box the cards came in, or I'll put all the cards on a ring... so it's more like a bound journal.

It's not too late to sign up. Just hope on over to Dianna's blog (link listed above).

Comments

dianna said…
Angela,
So sorry I'm responding on your blog...I have 2 Angies listed and I didn't want to send it to the wrong one. I just sent out an email that I hope will answer your ?'s about Flickr.

Your artwork is AWESOME! Love the hearts :)
Melissa said…
You did a GREAT job on these Angela! I love the heart shape and quote too!
Melinda said…
well crap. Everyone is finding some cool decks of cards to use. I love yours....YES.....I also signed up to do this one. WOW.....guess I will have to get my scrapbook stuff out now!

Popular Posts