Caulking Transfers

I'm working on a collage for my sister Becky. I tried a new technique, using clear silicone caulking compound.

You squeeze the caulking compound directly onto your canvas. Then you brush it out and place the photo you want to transfer on top. Then you wait 24 hours.

Photobucket

Then you wet the surface of the photo backing and begin to rub it away. Now... this is the part I didn't get. Once removing the major layer of backing paper. You let it dry... and then rewet and rub the remaining paper residue away.

Hmmm.... I didn't remember reading that part of the direction. So... instead I just kept adding water and rubbing, and rubbing and rubbing. Needless to say, my image began to rub away tooooooooooooooooooooo!

Photobucket

But this is my first time... so I'll have to try it again. I'm not too pleased with this result.

Comments

Melinda said…
actually it kind of looks neat all chipped away like that
Anonymous said…
You can also do this with tape. Just stick the tape on something and then take that and with the tape and tape it onto something else and wash away the tape to leave the image. You can also use shelf paper with the sticky side.

Popular Posts