Rain & Sleet - Go Away!

Spring is almost ready to arrive. But I think someone forgot to tell Mother Nature. Or perhaps Mother Nature is just a cranked up - menopausal bloated old lady that takes her frustrations out on us. It's cold.. and tiny little bits of sleety rain is bouncing off the windows. Ohio in March!

Okay............. today SUCKED!!! After 8 weeks of some pretty intensive studying I took my Series 7 exam. Oh.............. and I FLUNKED. Yeah.... I got a big 60%. I needed 70 to pass. This is a 6 hour exam. After the first 2 hours, I'm thinking they must have surely given me the wrong test because out of 130 questions (the first half of the test)... I didn't recognize any of the material from the book and the training I went to.

Then you have to leave the exam room for one hour. You have to be fingerprinted going into the exam room and then coming out of the exam room. And you have to raise your hand and they will bring you in a kleenix if you require one (which I did). And it was all captured on videotape.

So... guess what I'll be doing in 30 days??????

Can you guess???????

Yep.... taking that test again. I actually stopped at Barnes & Noble and purchased... and I kid you not "Series 7 for Dummies". But naturally that book was not on the shelf where it should have been so the sales assistant assisting me had to broadcast throughout the store if everyone could be on the lookout for that damn book. Ah... finally a 16 year old pimply high school sales assistant stopped by me and asked "Are you the one looking for the Series 7 for Dummies?" Of course I wanted to say... "do I look like a dummy that would need a Series 7 for Dummies book?" But my pride stopped me and I just meekly thanked him for finding it.


I shuffled to the counter area, standing in a long line, with the damn book in my arms looking like a big DUMBASS Series 7 LOSER.

But I got the book.... and actually have another Series 7 help book coming from Amazon on Friday.... so pray....make offerings.... send out good thoughts.... I need to pass the test next month............ or updating my resume... since this license is a requirement of my new position

On a brigher note.... I finally got my dumbass loser butt to the UPS office and mailed out the Easter Basket for Wanda over at the "Rat's Nest". Her blog is found here :
http://wandamai.spaces.live.com/

Photobucket

So Wanda... if you happen to stop by my blog.... just want you to know that UPS swore up and down to me that it would arrive down to you by Friday.

Photobucket

Today has been brought to you by the letter "D". Hmmmmmmm!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ang, I'm so sorry you failed...that sucks. I hope you got your basket. You'll kick ass the next time. :) I'll kick UPS' ass if they fail us...how does that sound??
hahaha...this was a funny post Angela!
Angie at Home said…
Hey Melinda..... oh my God... this was the hardest test I've ever taken. A man doing the same test sitting behind me... gasped once... then gasped again ... and he left the room... and I never saw him returned.

Hey Wanda..... as soon as your basket arrives, I'll post on the blog. And again... sorry it took me so long to get it out to you.

And Wanda... you have to check out my sister (Melinda's) blog... well actually her son's blog, Noah. http://dearnoah.blogspot.com/ It's my sister's journal to her son Noah, who is autistic.

Okay... off to the land of MF studying.
Patty said…
Dear Angela, so sorry you didn't pass the test. But I know and you know and everyone that knows you knows, you are not a dumbass. Anyone who was in the National Honor Society can't be dumb. Perhaps the material you had just wasn't the right material. Apparently the man behind you would rather not finish the test than to fail it, but I would say if he didn't finish it, he still failed it. Were you able to keep the test papers after the exam? But then knowing how they sometimes do exams, even if they let you keep them, which I doubt they did, but if they did, the next test would probably be a completely different one. Wishing you good luck on this next one. You say 30 days? I'll say a little pray each day for you to pass the test, that will give me 30 days to try to help. See you guys on Sunday. Love you, Mom
Anonymous said…
This is a great post Angela. You are a funny writer or can be a funny writer. Sorry you missed the mark of 70 on the test. Maybe next time.

I wonder what kind of stories you could read if you Goggled the test on the Internet. You might discover some tips or something.

See you Sunday.

Dad
Melinda said…
hahaha...mom told me about the man Angela. I cannot imagine a test like that and I wonder if I would have the patience to do a 6-hour test anyway?

Start manifesting YOUR SUCCESS NOW Angie Baby for next time!

Popular Posts