Thursday - A Fantastic Day

When I arrived home today there was a huge ass box waiting for me. Yes, Wanda's swap package had arrived.

Now, after the day I had yesterday, I was ready for a nice surprise.

What I received was so much more.

Let me just say that as I opened the box and rolled down the basket cellophane that kept everything so neatly tucked inside (NOTE TO SELF: - I forgot to wrap Wanda's basket with the plastic decorative bag that is sitting on top of my computer armiore).

I was sort of thankful it was chilly outside and that my windows, therefore were closed. Because anyone walking down the sidewalk would have heard this: "oh my god... ohhhh god... this is ohhhhh my god... I can't believe... oh my god... look at this... wow... I'm god... this is fantastic". Followed by even more of the same.

I cannot describe to you how jam-packed this basket was. And with so many thoughtful and unusual and creative things. I've been in a lot of swaps, but I will say this has been the most generous gift I have ever received, filled with so many exciting things, so cleverly presented and it was such a pick-me-up from my disasterous Wednesday.

My God Wanda.......... you need to go into business creating baskets for people.

Let's take a peak of just a few of the items waiting for me inside:

Photobucket

When I was a little girl I remember seeing sugar eggs with little scenes inside. I never had one... but always thought they were just beautiful. And guess what??????? There were two of them inside this incredible basket.

Photobucket

And nothing says Springtime more than a mother bird sitting on a nest of eggs, eagerly awaiting for her offspring to arrive. And Wanda had such a cute little nest tucked inside.

Photobucket

She even had teabags tucked inside what appeared to be a huge teabag... with a "drink me" sign. I will feel just like Alice when I take a sip from these teas.

Photobucket

There was even a cute little blue wire egg basket filled with Chocolate Bumble Bees. Now... I had never seen anything like that. They are too beautiful to eat. Okay... I confessed.... I did have to sample one. And it was delicious.

Photobucket

And I can't even because to tell you that there were little cellophane bags that contained fabric yo-yos, and vintage epherema, and so many little easter eggs filled with stickers, and buttons and then gobs and gobs of springtime stickers. I was truly, truly overwhelmed.

Photobucket

And check out the three adorable bunnies and chick above. Aren't they cute?

There were also ladybug chocolates and a porcelain chicky plate... and so much more.

Wanda.... I'm so thrilled with your thoughtfulness and generosity. You made my day, my week and my month. I felt like a kid at Christmas. I haven't been taken by utter surprise and joy like this for a very, very long time.

Thank you so much!

Comments

Melinda said…
GEESH Angela.......I guess you are special! this all looks fabulous! I personally LOVE gift baskets people make up themselves and I love to make them up myself too......you can cram a lot in there and the creativity of what you can find is always fun too!

Man..maybe I should participate in a swap soon......I have never received anything like that!
Patty said…
WOW, that should have brightened your day. Little Ms Audrey is spending the day and night here, then Melissa will be taking her Math exam tomorrow and will pick her up, then I guess they plan on going to Melindas and Audrey will spend the night there. She's a regular social butterfly.
Melissa said…
That's a really nice basket of stuff Angela! She's a very thoughtful person.

Popular Posts