66??

I did a friendly worldwide web search on the topic of Series 66 exam. There are plenty of companies out there willing to take your money for a 6 hour internet session where they state you will learn everything you ever need to learn about The Uniform Combined State Law Examination also called Series 66 exam which was developed by NASAA and is administered by the NASD. This examination is designed to qualify candidates as both securities agents and investment adviser reps. I even found a guy who has developed over 200 flashcards to test you on every subject that just might come up on your test.
200
And then of course he lists all the subjects... which caused me to go to the freezer section of my refrigerator and pull out a Weight Watchers' Giant Latte Ice Cream Bar (which by the way tastes amazingly good and only 90 calories) and slowly suckle the latte bliss as I read through the topics.

Series 66 Test Topics:
Evaluating Investments
Ratios
Averages
Types of Return
Four Types of Income Tax
Analyzing Financial Profiles
Partnerships
Securities
Four Types of Preferred Stock
Focused and External Funds
Real and Expected Returns
Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
Annuities
Class A, B, and C Mutual Funds
Treasury and Municipal Bonds
Investment Goals
Retirement Plan Issues
Traditional and Roth IRA's
Understanding and Managing Risk
Types of Loss
Non-Qualified Retirement Plan
Stock Investment Strategies
Portfolio Management
Mixed and Managed Accounts
Types of Financing
Capital Gain, Appreciation, and Loss
Asset Allocation
Types of Loans
NSMIA
Registration
Qualification and Submission Requirements
Securities Exempt from Registration
Regulation of Securities
Roles of the Investment Advisor Representative
Administrative Procedures
Powers of Investigation and Subpoena
Disclosure
Investment Advisor Contracts
SEC Rules and Conditions
Options
Advertising
Solicitation
Compensation
Custody of Client Funds
Suitability of Investments
Investment Concepts
Rates and Orders
Primary and Secondary Offerings
Brokerage, Block, and Trade Houses
Mutual Funds
Lots and Spreads
Conflicts of Interest
Insider Trading
Fiduciary Duties
Predicting Investment Performance
Calculating Investment Performance
Margins and Prices

Sometimes SIZE does matter. At this point I was tempted to grab another Giant WW bar... but chewed on the wooden stick wondering how I could possibly use this wooden stick in an upcoming collage.

So now I'm armed with a new highlighter (I went through 3 during the last three months of studying for the 7), a new notebook for taking notes, and index cards (I'll make my own damn flash cards.

I take the test on April 29th..... that is like 6 freakin days from now. Wish me luck! Send positive thoughts. Light some candles. Let your thumb and fingers travel over some prayer beads. I will take all the assistance I can gather.

By May 1st... this will all be behind me.... and I can get back to being Angie.

2 Fingers - Peace Out

Comments

Melinda said…
holy crap!
Melissa said…
That looks like a lot of crap I wouldn't want to be tested on. Good luck toots...
Patty said…
One question, IF you should not pass the first time, do you get a second try? Sounds like an awfully lot of stuff to be tested over. I wonder how much you will actually ever use? Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed and will be saying a little prayer for you, I don't have prayer beads.

Popular Posts