A Cupcake Friday

When I arrived at work this morning, people were carefully toting cupcakes back to their office. Naturally I had to "check it out".

Kathy had made the cutest little yellow flower cupcakes with a ladybug on top the flower. She has to make cupcakes for an event on Saturday, so was trying them out on us today!! Now... that's a way to start the day.

Unfortunately... I didn't have my camera along. And, do you know how difficult it is to guard a cupcake all the way home. I made it out the building, and into the car, only to hand the cupcakes to my Hubby to arrange on the backseat.

Well... there was an unfortunate incident, when the box angled down just a little too sharply and the cupcakes began to pollinate each other. It was not a pretty sight.

I did try to salvage a couple... however, the petals are just a little damaged from the angling incident. BUT.... this is such a cute and adorable idea... I just had to share it with you.

Photobucket

Now she used red M&Ms for the ladybugs, and black gel frosting for the dots. I just think this would be a really cool project for kids.

Photobucket

And I'm sorry Kathy that HE slid the cupcakes together. I'll have to start bringing my camera along with me all the time.

Comments

Melissa said…
These did turn out really cute! A lot of icing...my kind of cupcake!
Melissa said…
Hey, Steph from http://vladthebatsattic.blogspot.com/ asked if I wanted to trade some ATC's with them. I told Steph that you enjoy making these and that I have never made them. Anyway, just checking to see if you wanted to trade some cards. I told Steph I would ask if you wanted to make some and we could send some together? Just an idea, let me know what you think.

Popular Posts