A Mother's Day Sunday - A Week Later

Today my son took me to the movies to celebrate Mother's Day. We went to see Iron Man. Now I love Robert Downey Jr., but I really couldn't imagine him as an action hero character.

Well... I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the movie, and Robert Downey Jr., being the brilliant actor that he can be, was totally believable.

Photobucket

After the movie, he was going to take me to Red Robin, but I was so full from all the popcorn we consumed, that I suggested we make something at home instead.

Plus I had flowers that I wanted him to plant for me, which is sort of a tradition that he does every Mother's Day.

Photobucket

He totally hates it, and today it was very chilly, muddy, wet, etc., after a tremendous thunderstorm we had a little bit earlier. However, I could get him to smile from time to time.

Photobucket

Hubby made a pasta salad, that was very yummy, for dinner. My little cupcake, got me cologne that I always request, and some products from Body and Bath. After dinner, we watched "Untraceable" which I had rented from Netflix. Kind of creeps you out about the whole internet scene.

I had a great day today... did you?

Comments

Melissa said…
Sounds like you had a great day. Audrey and I had a great weekend too!
Melinda said…
I LOVED Iron Man but have YET to see it on the big screen! I too wondered how Robert Downey Jr. would pull this character off though even in his private life he fit some of the parts!

WOW......everything sounds nice and looks nice that they all did for you. I have flowers to plant and think about getting mulch and stuff but....well....I don't know..Maybe today will be the day.
Melinda said…
BY the way......did you ever get Robert Downey Jr.'s CD that one year not too long after Ally McBeal went off the air? It is actually pretty good!
Patty said…
Sounds like you had a very nice day. Alex was able to smile even with the dirt on his hands. LOL. Glad you had a nice day.
Merisi said…
Sounds like you enjoyed your Mother's Day all through the day into the night!

My children took me a 9am (and that was a real sacrifice for them) for the Natural History Museum. They offered a Mother's Day tour way up into their attic and onto and around their roof. The vista from up there was what I was after, it's incredible, one can see pretty much all of Vienna from up there. The Champagne Breakfast that was offered after the tour was wonderful. I felt almost as if I were back at the Smithonian in DC, what with the excellent bagels the offered with the smoked salmon (never found a true bagel in Vienna before). Alas, no cream cheese: Those Viennese eat their bagels and lox either with herb butter or whipped cream with horseradish! ;-)
Merisi said…
I am sorry for the many mistakes, I pushed the send button too fast.

Popular Posts