Multi-Task, Mother's Day and The Presence of Now or watching Oprah & Eckhart while creating cards

Tonight was the last internet webcast of Oprah and Eckhart Tolle. And, although my intent was to be present for the webcast and be aware of the present moment, that little ego voice in the back of my mind was saying "but it's Mothers Day on Sunday and you really need to move your ass and create a card or two or three".

As a woman, and all of you women out there can attest to this fact, with the presence of ovaries and an uterus we were gifted, the female species of this animal we call human, the inept ability to prepare breakfast, while we're packing lunches for the little ones and remembering to sign their permission slips for that unexpected fieldtrip, and Oh... no problem, Mommy can sew that button on right now, Let me flip over the sunnyside egg, while our partner, only equipped with an instrument that really doesn't require much thought, tries to figure out how they are going to turn that page of the sports section of the newspaper without pulling the spoonful of cocoa puffs out of their mouths.

Dang... where did all this come from... and what the hell was I even talking about, considering I don't really make breakfast or pack lunches and like I only have a 15 year old son... and my partner doesn't really like sports or cocoa puffs.

Oh... oh... I remember, ... yeah... being in the present moment... so I listened, I watched and I created.

And guess what? At this "present" moment in time, I "now" have 2 cards completed, and two more ready to assemble.

Card # 1 (probably for Grandma C)

Photobucket

Card # 2

Photobucket

Tonight also began my study routine. I feel the end in site. And I only have one more swap to complete which is the Mermaid swap... and I have no idea when the finish project is suppose to be finished. I'll worry about that tomorrow.

"now" I'm ready for a moment of silence while my tongue laps away at a Weight Watchers Giant Latte bar.

Have a super week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice work on these two cards./
Melinda said…
the cards look wonderful as always!
Vee said…
Thank you for your sweet comments at my blog a few days ago.

Your Mother's Day cards are very nice. I think it's interesting that we all have troubles finding just the right one. I am forever looking for one that says "Nana" that would be proper for an adult to give. My grandmother hates the name "Grand-anything."

Love the sounds of early morning here in your blog...very restful!
Patty said…
Thank you for the lovely card. By the way Old Fashion Days is next week-end in Arcanum. Love you guys.

Popular Posts