Hand Stamps

I saw on another blog somewhere (which unfortunately is a major problem, I see something that inspires me, but then I forget to bookmark it) that people were taking their hand prints, and then drawing, stamping or collaging on them.

So since my sister, Melissa, was here on Sunday and had brought a bunch of her rubber stamps, I thought I would play around.

This was my first one:

Photobucket

I really thought the woman's head stamp was pretty, and then I filled in around it with stamps that Missy had and ones that I had.

I then decided to do another one. And yes, it was my other hand, but I had a "duh-duh" moment, and stamped on the reverse side... so now I have two right hands.

Photobucket

But I don't care... one will no doubt go into my journal. With something that says: this is my hand at 52!

Later!!

Comments

Melissa said…
These are a neat idea, I'll have to try these on my week off. Audrey will have to try one too!
Anonymous said…
Do you feel like 52? Whatever that feels like.

I like the idea of a hand print and wonder if the feet will be next as Gary would like one for his journal.

Hi to Alex and Gary.

Also I saw the pictures you took with Melissa's camera and the were outstanding. I still got a Canon I would sell. LOL
Melinda said…
wow..love the hand idea. I think Noah and I will add that for a project this summer!
Patty said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…

Thanks for your visit to my Brookville Daily Photo blog this morning. I hope you enjoyed my post today showing the baby rabbit eating the poppy leaves.

I also wrote a longer piece on my Better Blog Writing about my Mom and Dad. See if you like the writing style. It is popular among better blogs.

Last evening, it was almost dark, when one of the baby rabbits came up to our patio door and wanted in. I was flabbergasted but only took a picture and didn't leave him come in the house.

I wanted you to know I stopped-in to repay your visit and leave a you a comment.

I enjoyed reading your blog post for today and I thought your photography was excellent.

And I don't want to influence you but I think Canon is a better Camera with many more lenses than Nikon. I had both in Japan and liked the Canon and sold the Nikon. Tara, Chris' friend has a Nikon and likes it a lot. I think it is what you get used to and there are lenses for Nikon just as impressive but if you watch the photographers are "events" they are all using Canon cameras and the white lenses. I got one white lens that cost more than some of my cars back in the early girly days. You can get a lot of cheaper lenses that do the same job so you can get what you want to pay for. You will be here on Sunday I guess so you can try my cameras out with the big lenses on them.

Popular Posts