Rainy Weather, Lightning & Tornado Sirens

On this the last day of my employment with the Bank, I arrived home only to have the electric go off for about 2 hours during a torrential thunderstorm. Power was finally restored but it continued to rain. My backyard was flooding so fast that the water was actually up to the level of my patio door and I was getting very concerned. Thankfully it stopped for about 10 minutes... and the water finally stopped climbing.


Well... until it started to rain again. This time the sky grew so dark about the same time the tornado sirens went off. Naturally we go out the front door (I think there is a storm tracker in all of us). The neighbors across the street were outside too. We were all looking through the darkened haze... I assume we needed reassurance we weren't seeing a funnel cloud. Of course the TV was saying do not go outside... but seek shelter.


Boychild ran upstairs and came down with his I-PoD, his X-Box and his bird. I guess those are his three precious possessions he didn't want to lose in case a tornado ripped off the top of our house.


Here's a picture when the rain started.
Photobucket
All my flags were soaked and the colorful pennants in the backyard were drooping to the ground from all the water.
Photobucket
The backyard is a flooded mess. Eventually the water was so high, the little moon man stone floated away. I had to send boychild out to rescue it.
Photobucket
It's now 11:38 PM... it is still thundering, lightning and pouring down rain. I think I'm going to bed.

Comments

Melinda said…
it has been pretty bad here too...but I think you guys were getting the worst of it!
Patty said…
We never had any tornado sirens go off here. But a lot of interruptions with weather advisory's on TV.

Popular Posts