Top Chef --- Finally a Winner

Oh last night was exciting on Top Chef. My favorite has been Stephanie throughout the season, with Richard close behind. And last night, Lisa, the chef that I could not believe actually made it to the top 3, seemed to be doing surprisingly well. I must say that I was getting so pissed off, that if Lisa had won, I don't think I would have ever watched Top Chef again.

However, in the end, my prediction came true. Stephanie won. The first female to win Top Chef. She has been a contestant that seemed always calm, never nasty (like that sourpuss Lisa) and seemed so creative in her recipes.



Stephanie

AGE: 31

HOMETOWN: Stamford, CT - currently resides in Chicago, IL

CULINARY EDUCATION: University of Michigan (undergrad); Scottsdale Culinary Institute

FAVORITE SIMPLE SPRING RECIPE: Anything with green garlic such as gnocchi with clams, white asparagus and green garlic

ELIMINATION CHALLENGE WINS: 4/14

QUICKFIRE WINS: 2/14

STATUS: Season 4 Winner!

BIO:

Until recently, Stephanie was the chef/owner of Scylla in Chicago. She is now enjoying traveling, both domestically and abroad, while planning her next exciting venture. Stephanie's biggest lure in cooking is seafood because the same fish can be cooked so many different ways - grilled, poached, cured, pan roasted - and this brings out different attributes, flavors and textures. Stephanie says in her cooking, contrasting and complementary elements are essential, but balance is non-negotiable. She has always been very driven and a bit of a risk-taker. "Once I set my mind to something, I follow through. It always has to be 110%."

Each season of Top Chef has gotten more exciting and the contestants more talented. Bravo TV seems to have a knack for hitting these reality contest shows out the park. I love them.

And my next favorite Bravo series "Project Runway" will be starting in July. Woohoo...... I love this show... although I still think Chris March should have won last season.

Off to make dinner!!

Comments

David Dust said…
CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Top Chef Chicago recap.

And look for my Project Runway recaps next month!
David Dust said…
Darling - based on your comments on my blog, I think you'll fit in QUITE NICELY over at DavidDust! I am officially making you a "Dust Bunny"!!!

XOXOXO

P.S. See my post from last week on my DINNER with the Project Runway designers... Chris March was there!!!

XOXO

Popular Posts