From Sea to Shining Sea Beachcombing Swap

I participated in a "Beachcombing Treasure Swap" which was hosted by Danielle from The Vintage Dragonfly.

My swap partner is Christy from Washington. Christy's blog is TimeFlysSew. The ironic thing about this partnering was that in Danielle's Spring Swap, I had greatly admired Christy's handiwork and so was happily surprised when I discovered she was my partner.

The swap consisted of a 4 x 4 work and then a box to house your beachcombing treasures. Below are the items I created. I hope Christy enjoys them.

My first 4 x 4 wasn't actually 4 x 4. It was just a little larger:

Photobucket

I used a gel medium which left my work a little streaky. I wasn't too happy with the results and since it was just a tad bigger than 4 x 4, I decided to make another one.

Photobucket

Since I created two pictures, I also created two boxes. The first box was actually a salvage pencil box (I love recycling) and I decoupaged vintage photos and pics of shells on it.

Photobucket

The second box was a tin can which I altered. Again I used vintage pics and filled the tin with some tiny treasures.

Here is the outside of the tin:

Photobucket

And this is inside the tin:

Photobucket

And in keeping with the "beach" theme, I found this cute "shell" wire basket and thought it would be perfect to house all my items.

Photobucket

I hope it arrives safely to the state of Washington and that my glue holds out.

It's about 1:40 a.m. and I have to get little Miss Audrey up the stairs. She fell asleep on the sofa... and there is no way I can carry her up the stairs.

Night Night!

Comments

Patty said…
Once again everything you've made looks terrific. Hope you all slept well. I know Ms Audrey can walk in her sleep if you get her started. LOL
Melinda said…
WOW those are all really gorgeous Angela! I would love all those and I am sure your swap partner will too!
Melissa said…
Everything you made looks just beautiful Angela!

Popular Posts