Little Shimmer is Dead


I noticed on Friday that Little Shimmer seemed to have some sort of white coating on some of his scales. I did an investigative search on the internet and determined he had some sort of fungus.

Today I stopped by the pet store and purchased some fungus medicine and some aquarium salts. I administered the medicine and about 2 hours later, Shimmer began swimming around his tank (something he had not done for 2 days).

I was hopeful that this medicine and the salt would do the trick. However, when I checked in on Shimmer around 2:00 a.m., he had died.

We purchased Shimmer on July 13, 2007 (it was a Friday). Today at the pet store I asked the clerk how long they have betta fish sitting on their selves before they are purchased. He said he couldn't really tell me, but he suspected some of them could have been there a year or more. So... I don't really know how old Shimmer was.

I just hope Shimmer didn't suffer. He was such a special little fish. He was always so excited to see me, his meal ticket. I'm really going to miss my Little Shim-Shim.

Comments

Patty said…
So sorry to hear about your little fish. He was a beauty.
Steph said…
Ooooooooooh nooooooo ! :(((((
Shionge said…
Sorry to hear this and indeed a beautiful fish.
Wanda said…
Angie, that blows...I know how much you loved your fish. My oldest got a beta for his ninth birthday (Mr. Nemo) and he almost lasted a whole year. It does suck that you don't know how old they are before you purchase them. :(
Melinda said…
well when they get "ich" they don't always make it. Sorry to here he died Angela.
Melissa said…
Sorry to hear that Simmer died, I know how much you liked him.

Popular Posts