Summertime Foods

Kroger's actually had green beans the other day that really looked like green beans you would pick from your garden if you had a garden and not a mud pit in your backyard. So... I had to pick some up with little red potatoes.

Do you remember snipping green beans as a child? I remember staying at my Grandma's house and she would give me a bowl of green beans to snip. At first it was fun, but the pile of green beans always seemed to get bigger, not smaller. But it was a great way to listen to adult conversations without being noticed. You can learn a lot that way.

Anyway... I fixed those green beans... and they were delicious. They are always a nice treat during the summer months. The only time of the year they really taste their best... although I will say that Trader Joe's has some remarkable frozen green beans (Hericort Vert) that do not taste like frozen green beans at all but almost like they are fresh from your garden and not the mud pit that never goes away.

Photobucket

And yes... I only snip one end of the green bean because I never could figure out why you had to snip both ends.... and I like to see the little green bean dangling parts, all long and curly and happy.

Comments

Melissa said…
They look good!
Melinda said…
yeah I got some the other week from another store that looked like they were right from the garden and they are sooooooo good!
Patty said…
They really look good. Perhaps I'll have to run to the store and buy a few. I don't snip them anymore, I cut the tips with a knife. Same with strawberries, I use my small paring knife and cut the tops off, saves the thumb nail from getting so sore.

Met Mom and Sonny at the Chinese place in Englewood for lunch today. Mom had to have some more skin cancers burned off on her face, arm and even one at her ankle. He said if this doesn't take care of the one at the ankle this time, he'll have to cut it the next time.

Good luck tomorrow on your test.
Jack and Joann said…
I have a recipe for Greek style green beans that cooks these red potatoes and green beans with onion and a can of tomatoes and spices.

Popular Posts