4 X 4 Friday - Handmade Backgrounds

I didn't get this posted earlier because I was confined to a hospital room for 2 days. But the AFIB has gone away... and hopefully stays away.

This week's challenge over at 4 x 4 Friday was to create a 4 x 4 with a handmade background.

I painted my 4 x 4 with a light robin egg blue. After it dried I dabbed on some medium gel and a dark metallic blue paint. When it was almost dried, I placed bubblewrap over the 4 x 4 and peeled away the paint. Once it dried... I stippled silver ink here and there.

I had purchased fish confetti for another project so I used some at the bottom of this 4 x 4. I liked the background... but I don't like what I did with the background. But I will definitely try bubblewrap on future projects.

Photobucket

Comments

Kari said…
Hi!
You won Heidi's sign giveaway on the sweet and sinister blog. Please email me your info at artsy_mama@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Kari
Janny said…
Beautiful, great colours!
~*~Patty S said…
Great use of bubblewrap! Your background is beautiful and your lady looks marvelous too, cute fish!

Popular Posts