A September Saturday

I was sitting at home, reading a great book, and caramel apples popped into my mind. I tried to push that thought aside, but it kept returning. And well, off we went to the Farmer's Market that has the best caramel apples in Miami Valley.

At this point I would have shown a picture of the apple, but we ate them pretty quickly.

On the way home, we did stop at Grandma's Gardens right outside Centerville. I love how they decorate for Halloween and this year they have really nice pumpkiny displays.

When you enter Grandma's Gardens there is a welcoming committee. And be careful, you might just lose your head if you decide to climb a tree.

Photobucket

You peek over the shoulders of the pumpkin man and find a pumpkiny world.

Photobucket

As you begin your journey along the paths at Grandma's Garden you can sense that someone is watching you. Slowly, ever so slowly you turn around and find ....

Photobucket

They seem friendly, nothing like the Heepers Creepers scarecrow. You continue along, and find a friendly bunny sitting up watching you.

Photobucket

Pumpkins were piled everywhere. Spilling out along winding paths...

Photobucket

or resting atop a hay wagon.

Photobucket

And masses of gourds, of every size and color, were waiting for you too.

Photobucket

You hear a noise, turn towards it, and watch as pumpkin children squeal past on their bicycles.

Photobucket

This year I noticed at several of the farmer's markets that we stopped at (and yes we stopped at several), that lights made out of gourds were very popular. They were carved into many shapes. I thought this witch one was cute. I love her hat.

Photobucket

And although it was sad to end our journey (I had to get home to eat the caramel apples from the other place), we received a friendly wave of goodbye from the Pumpkin Man.

Photobucket

I must say that after this trip, I'm ready to decorate my front yard.

Comments

Melissa said…
Wow, that's a lot of pumpkins sitting around already! I haven't seen anything like this display yet this year. I did see a few small gourds out at the grocery the other day, along with Brachs candy corn.
Patty said…
Looks like an enjoyable trip. Nice photos.
Louise said…
Beautiful pictures! Makes me ready for that cooler weather!
Melinda said…
I am going to have to go check that place out!
Anonymous said…
Lots and lots of stuff. I suppose the idea is to inspire people to buy the stuff and haul it away?

A nice post.

Popular Posts