A Chicken, a chipmunk and Strawberry Angel Food cake

Today was the Brookville Firefighters Chicken barbecue. Every October about 2 hours before the big parade starts, the firemen begin selling chicken dinners. This year the price went up to $8.00... and disappointedly, the chicken didn't have the annual taste we could always depend on. It was good... but not fantastic.

Photobucket

While eating my dinner at my parent's house, I couldn't help but notice several little chipmunks flitting about. This picture was taken from the dinner table through the french doors...

Photobucket

I brought along a strawberry angel food cake. It was quite yummy... and so pink.

Photobucket

Little Miss Audrey and I battled it out for scrapping the gooey cake bottom that was left on the plate. Actually that is the best part of the cake.

Photobucket

Audrey seems to be enjoying it.

Photobucket

Audrey won!

Comments

Melinda said…
that was nice you bought everyone a dinner Angela! I think it still looked good....but it seemed you got less than usual? Wasn't there also mashed potatoes or applesauce or something too?
Patty said…
Yes, that was very nice, you, Gary and Alex furnishing us all with a chicken dinner and angel food cake for dessert. It was all very tasty. Again, thank you.
Shionge said…
I must say it looks yummy here and $8 is a bit too expensive. But is this for charity or something? I read from your Dad's blog that you bought 8 pack???

Popular Posts