The Graveyard is Open

Last night, around 10:00 p.m., boychild and I went outside to construct our Halloween graveyard.

I had picked up lots of garden trellis from Joanne's Fabric at the end of summer, you know when items are 75%. I grabbed 18 sections and when I checked out I told the lady "this would be perfect in my graveyard". She lifted her brow and just stared at me. "For my Halloween graveyard", I said....and then I gave her a big smile. She gave one of those laughs...like I was really creeping her out but she had to be nice to me because I was her customer.

Anyway... we started the graveyard process late because boychild decided he was too tired after dinner and took a nap. When he awoke I told him it was time to go outside. I must say... he might be 16 but he complained, whined, threw things around and acted like he was about 2. I must say I wanted to pound the holey shit right out of him, but instead I gave him more things to do.

Photobucket

I must say that once the fence was standing, I wanted to place cobwebs around it. Boychild takes the entire bag of webbing and places it over one section of fencing. I think this was his way to tell me he was done. I guess he didn't think I was hearing all his whining and complaining about how hot he was, how the bugs were biting, that putting up a Halloween graveyard was stupid, how he wanted to take a shower and go to bed, etc., etc., etc. Instead this huge hunk of webbing was stuck on the decoration of the fence. Then after he took it off (with much urging from me), he threw it on the ground where it became a magnet for mulch, twigs, dirt. etc.
He was really trying my nerves. But we continued anyway.

Photobucket

Mr. Peek-a-boo... I see you.

Photobucket

"hey... let me out of here"

Our experience was not one of those good Mother and Son moments. Of course once I got inside I became Mommy Rambo and read him the set of rules and procedures that will be followed to the letter on Saturday.

:::smiling broadly:::: It's now 9:10 a.m..... and Mommy Rambo is about to venture up the stairs and wake up her little victim...oops I mean son....

Somehow I think I'm really going to enjoy today!

Comments

Patty said…
Look out Alex, you should have done the decorating and kept your mouth shut, I bet today is going to be a really big work day for you. Good luck with the cleaning, trash emptying, toilet scrubbing, laundry, dusting and preparing the meals. LOL You will probably have to go to bed early to catch up on your sleep. Way to go Mommy Rambo. LOL
~*~Patty S said…
Thanks again for stopping by my Magpie's Nest. Your blog is full of really neat posts. Love your ghoulish side = really fun! Your Autumn postcard is fantastic, just so much fun eye candy!
Melissa said…
I really like the way the graveyard turned out Angela! I remember that you saw the fencing when we were with you, but I think you went back to get it after we left.

Anyway, cool effect!
Kris Dickinson said…
Love your spooky graveyard!
Melinda said…
everything looks great Angela!

Popular Posts