A Squirrel and his Pumpkin

I was sitting at my computer when a tiny little tapping began. I looked over to the patio door and there was a squirrel, standing up with his two front paws holding the screen door, his eyes glued to a pumpkin sitting beside the door, which was filled with peanuts.

Now... I didn't want the squirrel to tear up my screen (another did several years ago) so I asked him if he was hungry and I swear he wagged his tail.

I placed the pumpkin on my patio. And waited for the little squirrel to return.

Photobucket

It didn't take him very long to explore the pumpkin. He was actually hiding under the patio furniture... watching my every move.

Photobucket

Several squirrels ate peanuts that were around the pumpkin, but only this little guy actually looked inside.

Photobucket

Comments

Melissa said…
I like that last picture of the squirrel and the pumpkin!
Patty said…
If you leave the pumpkin out, they'll end up taking all of the nuts. They can be tricky little farts.
Anonymous said…
Nice shots, Angela. I once put a container that comes from the deli but I had filled it with peanuts and a lot of squirrels looked at it and it took a long time before one of them upset it and got the nuts that way.
Melinda said…
well let's hope this one does not venture INSIDE your house or vents or wherever that other one ended up that time!
Unknown said…
Adorable! And how sweet of you to share with them. :)
Anonymous said…
TOO CUTE!
Louise said…
Terrific pictures, and what a fun story!

Popular Posts