Combined Challenge: Saturday Workout & Sunday Postcard Art

This week's challenge at Saturday's Workout blog was creating a background using thread. The closest thing I had handy was dental floss. So, I wrap it around some white cardstock. Then I inked over it with Stampin' Up! Old Olive green ink and Tim Holtz "fired brick" Distress Ink. I used all the dental floss up so used the little circle it was wrapped on, and inked it up with the green ink to make little circles.

The challenge this week at Sunday Postcard Art was Hats.

So.. I was looking at some old catalogs and came across an adorable snowman and a couple of tealight holders shaped like buildings. I thought that might make an interesting hat. I love my vintage head stamp (I use that one quite often)... and thought she needed a holiday hat.

So... here's my creation.

Photobucket

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Melissa said…
Cool idea with the dental floss and circles! I like this!
Melinda said…
very nice Angela!
Sandy said…
Oh wow this is very impressive.
Fantastic work. Love them.

Thanks Angie for this inspiring work to SaWo.
Femmy said…
great postcard!!!
Yitte said…
Great card!!
Unknown said…
Wow thats definately some hat!! Great postcard...thanks for playing:)
Crafting Queen said…
Fab creation! Wonderful background.
Willy said…
What a beauty! Great hat!
Anonymous said…
this looks great!
Patty said…
Now that is some card.
BrioII said…
This is a creative way to use dental floss. I've usually seen it in floss holders, e.g. Gripit at www.gripit.biz
Lisa Kettell said…
This art piece is simply gorgeous! Great job!
Lisa!

Popular Posts