The Sookie Stackhouse Novels

Okay... I have been in love with vampire stories since I was a little girl. I would run home from school to watch "Dark Shadows" and it's famous vampire Barnabas Collins.

So I was very excited when HBO announced their new program called "True Blood" which is based on Charlaine Harris' set of novels with the main character of Sookie Stackhouse.

I loved the series and oh...Vampire Bill... was nothing like Barnabas Collins. Season Two starts back in the summer of 2009... and I can't hardly wait.

When the series ended their first season, I decided to read the novels the program was based upon. Hmmmmmmmm book two - Living Dead in Dallas and I begin to think that Vampire Bill might not be the sexy, loving vampire I had fallen in love with in book one - Dead Until Dark (and the first season of True Blood).

And by the 4th book - Dead to the World.......... who cares about Vampire Bill... oh my God... make way for Eric Northman, owner of Fangtasia... a very old vampire from the Viking days.

My sister might go for that Edward from Twilight... but give me Eric. Damn... Sunday I was even rereading exciting parts of Book 4...

This is a pic of the actor playing Eric on True Blood... and who I believe is just how I had imagined him from the book.



Hubby is at Borders even as I type this, to pick me up book 6 - Definitely Dead... and I certainly hope there is a little more Eric action in this book.

I certainly know what I want for my birthday.........YESSSSSSSSSSS the first season of True Blood. I'm not sure when it will be released... but since Season 2 starts in the summer... I'm sure by June 1st... Season 1 will be available.

Hope you had a super Monday!

Comments

" Dallas " said…
Hey angie

the videos come out in may - you may like some stuff on my blog and we did an eric radio show!
http://lovingtruebloodindallas.blogspot.com/

Thanks , "D"
Melissa said…
I told you that you would like the novels. And yes, Eric is sexy, which I told you before you read the books! That man is how I pictured him to look too.
Melinda said…
oh my
Heather said…
Hi Angela!

Melissa assured me over on my blog that I would like this series of books and suggested I check out your post. I read Charlaine Harris' Real Murders this past fall and am keen to read more of her, esp. the Sookie books after hearing so much about them. I don't have HBO, but the pic you posted of Eric would certainly be enough to hook me!

Popular Posts