Painting with Mike Elsass

Last Saturday I was lucky to participate in a workshop conducted my Mike Elsass. Mike paints abstracts on rusted steel. There is a spiritual quality to his work that I just love. If you want to view some of Mike's work, please visit Mike's gallery.

Mike's studio is located in the Oregon District in downtown Dayton. The space is amazing... and what a view from all sides. The railroad bridge runs close by. My nephew Noah would love to look out this window:

Photobucket

Here's Mike:

Photobucket

One area of the loft studio is a zen area filled with plants and an altar:

Photobucket

Not sure if confessions actually take place here.... but you can hear some pretty amazing stories:

Photobucket

And here are two of my paintings.....

Photobucket

Comments

Melinda said…
yes Noah would love that view....love the colors you chose for your paintings
Anonymous said…
That looks like a leftover fifth of whiskey on the floor. Surely not?

Popular Posts