Brookville's Firemen Festival


We made the journey to Brookville, Ohio because it was the Firemen's Festival... and they always have the best barbeque chicken. I was surprised that my Mother hadn't reminded me about the event...but I was happy that I found out about it.

Gary and Alex went off to buy the barbeque chicken... but Mom said they weren't grilling it today as they couldn't get enough volunteers to grill. Now considering in the past they would sell out of these fine dinners, it was hard to believe they couldn't find anyone to grill the chicken.

Instead they were placing the chicken in some sort of steamer mechanism. They were going to use the same secret seasoning on it... so how bad could it be?

When the chicken arrived, we popped open the top. It looked almost the same, minus the grill marks. You also received with your half chicken, the unseasoned green beans straight from a can, and applesauce.



Everyone seemed happy when they began to eat their chicken dinner (which by the way was $8.00 a meal).

And we all began eating the breast... which wasn't very juicy and since we had to remove the floppy seasoned skin... needed a lot of salt. But then to our amazement when some of the flesh was peeled back and we started to dig into the chicken... this is what we found:



Now I do enjoy steak tartar from time to time... and a little blood oozing out of beef never really bothered me.... but a bloody chicken sort of made my intestines twitched. And needless to say... Gary and I spent the afternoon... visiting the bathroom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
$8.00 a meal is costly.
and no refund ???
Steph said…
That is maybe why your mum did not remind you of it ?!
Melinda said…
oh my...there is no way I would have eaten that! That is NOT done Angela...no wonder you all got sick! I told you mom said it was too expensive this year....that is why we did not go down for the meal only the parade. This about makes me want to spew just looking at it!

Popular Posts