Grumpy by Audrey G - my 9 year old niece

On Saturday, Missy & Audrey (my sister and niece) came over. Our goal was to make some vintage Christmas ornaments.... Missy did make 8 of them, I only made 1. I hate using a hot glue gun... and my hot glue would dry before I could add my stuff.

Anyway.... I had to run out to get some gold and silver thread. Now it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving... and I got stuck in traffic and there were car accidents everywhere. When I finally returned home, Audrey said she had written a story.

And here it is: Grumpy

Once upon a time there was this guy named Grumpy. One day 2 little girls came to his house. The 2 little girls were giving out some muffins and some cookies. They knocked on the door and Mr. Grumpy said,” Why are you little brats here. I didn’t order anything!” The 2 little girls ran off crying.

The next day he felt this warm feeling inside of him. And, he wondered what that was. So, he called the doctor and the doctor said,” Come on in and tell the nurse that I sent you here.” “Okay”, said Mr. Grumpy.

He went inside the doctor’s office and the doctor checked him and said that this warm feeling inside of him was the feeling of guilt.

So, the girls came back and rang the doorbell. Mr. Grumpy answered and said, “ What do you want?!” The girls ran off and left some muffins and some cookies with a note that read, “ We are so very, very sorry that we even bothered to come to your house. We are very, very sorry about that.”

So, Mr. Grumpy went to where they lived and their mother answered and Mr. Grumpy said,” May I see your daughter’s?” She said that they were at their Girl Scouts right now. So, he went to the Girl Scouts meeting and said that he was very, very sorry about what had happened at his house. And, also about how he answered his door very rudely. He said that they shouldn’t have to say that they are sorry.

So, for that day on they were always friends and even sometimes went out to lunch.

By: Audrey G

Comments

Patty said…
What a cute story. Speaking of stories, she hasn't read to me for almost a week. She usually reads me a chapter or two every afternoon or evening, but since her Thanksgiving break, no reading. I'll have to remind her. She reads to herself, but not out loud to me. She has quite an imagination.
Shionge said…
I will remember not to be grumpy too :D
Melissa said…
That is a cute story!

Popular Posts