Let it Snow Postcard Art Challenge

It's Sunday and that means another challenge over at Sunday Postcart Art. This week's challenge is "Let it Snow". I created two collages for this challenge; one using digital means and the other using scissors, glue, etc.

The first collage is my digital one: I loved the image of the girl, and had fun layering snowflakes, swirls etc. on top of her. She was originally holding a fairy/dragonfly so since I was turning her into the Snow Queen, I wanted her to hold a snowy world in her hand.

Photobucket

Of course the second collage is from a postcard. The woman was originally standing in a snow scene instead a photographer's studio. I copied and then cut her out, placing her on top of this new Mind's Eye Christmas paper I recently purchased. I then placed a few dimensional snowflakes on top.

Photobucket

I don't have a scanner... so I take photos of my work... and as you can see, they always wind up a little crooked. Thanks for looking and please pop over to Sunday Postcard Art and take a peek at all the wonderful entries.

Comments

Sandy said…
OMG these are stunning.
Unbelievable design. Love them.
Willy said…
Both are fabulous.
Terri Kahrs said…
Both of your cards are beautiful and original! Love them! Hugs, Terri
Terri Daugherty said…
well, you are very creative and both of your cards are gorgeous!
indybev said…
Both cards are beautifully done. The digital card is my favorite, I think. It's very creative.
Silvia(Barnie) said…
Wonderful cards, both of them.
Lori Saul said…
Both cards are very beautiful and expressive in their own ways- lovely work!
vintage wil said…
Fabulous postcard!!
Anonymous said…
Both are gorgeous
Martina said…
Fantastic interpretation of the theme! Splendid cards!
Hella said…
Beautiful postcards.
Patty said…
They both turned out nice, but I like the first one the best. You girls all seem to be able to do crafts very nicely. Remember when we did the basket weaving, I still have my two baskets.
Patty said…
You need to get a printer/copier/scanner. They are pretty cheap now and they do a good job.
Cindy McMath said…
Angie, these are both lovely!

Cindy :)

PS - I even get my pictures crooked in my scanner half the time so you're doing great with your photos. ;)
These are both fantastic! I especially like the second one.

Popular Posts