Wellness Wednesday


Today is Wellness Wednesday. I usually don't post my Wellness Wednesday thoughts...but today I wanted to share a new quote I found that really struck a cord with me.

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~The Buddha

So I'm sending some healing vibes out to the Universe and I hope you get that you are worthy of your own love. I know this is a hard concept for me. I'll go out of my way to be nice to someone else, to shower them with love and affection but I never take that same attitude and apply it to me. Guess What?

This body , this me has come a long way in 53 years. And the majority of those years I've spent wishing for things to happen before I would be completely happy. Naturally losing a ton of weight would top that list. If I would lose this amount, then I knew I would be happy and I could then do this, this or this. And when I didn't lose the weight, then I spent all that time knocking myself down and filling my mind with very negative self-talk. I would never do that to a friend. I would always offer encouragement. Why all this self-loathing? Where did that come from?

So today.... I'm forging a new path, a new mindset and giving thanks to this body that has carried me so far and show it the love and attention it deserves.

And to find out more about Wellness Wednesday... please visit the blog of the person who started it several years ago.
Lunar Musings

Comments

Patty said…
Makes a lot of sense, because no one else will care for your body as well as you can. I've beaten myself over the head so many times, because I can't seem to lose weight and if I do I can't seem to keep it off. I consider myself a weak person, no will power. And then I want to eat to make myself feel better, which I might for a few minutes, but it doesn't last long. I get upset thinking I should be able to do more, when it comes to taking care of our family, cooking or cleaning and now know I can only do so much. I am not superwoman. But it's hard not to get angry and upset with one's self. I wonder if that feeling ever truly goes away completely for someone?
Patty said…
P.S. Love you, hope you're taking it easy.
Anonymous said…
God is always intelligent than us And knows what is best for us.

Popular Posts