Abuelo's... Our New Favorite Place

Gary and I both love Abuelo's. They have the thinnest chips, which are so crunchy and their salsa is just fantsstic.

Although it was a very artic like day.... it was very sunny.



So sunny... that Gary's eyes are closed.

You can tell by Gary's expression.. that he is happy to be here.


And I couldn't seem to eat the chip fast enough...



Gary was very happy when his adult beverage arrived. Unfortunately I can't drink right now because I'm on Coumadin... but I did have to take a few tasting sips.



And then the food finally arrived. Gary got his usual Chile Rellenos... which is basically a chile pepper stuffed with cheese. Gary loves them. They also stuff them with chicken or beef. And he also ordered the Papas con Chile which is smashed potatoes with peppers and cheese. It's so yummy.



Gary's relleno was extra cheesy today.



I tried something different today. I ordered the Half Quesadilla Al Horno. I had it stuffed with the wood-grilled fajita chicken. I also selected their famous smashed taters.



And I love the atmosphere of this place. I love the archway columns... the blue sky painted on the vaulted ceiling... and when I finally get off Coumadin... this is the place I'm having my celebration...

Comments

Patty said…
Looks like a great place. Gary does look happy. What a large drink.
Anonymous said…
Seems like a happy place. The food photos are nice too.
Melinda said…
Gary does look happy to be there!

Popular Posts